This infographic highlights key statistics from the 2014 Automotive Buyer Influence Study, including:
- How much time consumers are spending car shopping
- The amount of time allocated to online car shopping
- How and where consumers are spending their online car shopping time
In this intensely competitive market, it is critically important for automotive marketers to understand how new vehicle buyers shop for their vehicles. The 2014 Automotive Buyer Influence Study, commissioned by AutoTrader.com through IHS Automotive, provides insight into consumer behaviors for vehicle shopping. Its findings highlight the importance of reaching shoppers before they reach the dealer’s lot, Internet and smartphone use during the shopping process, and more.
- Used-car values to end 2014 higher than last two years
- Sports car, subcompacts tied for worst-performing segments
- Full-size truck values continue declines in third quarter
- Compact and mid-size SUV/crossover values remain higher year-over-year
- Full-size car values at lowest levels in 2014
In order to better understand what defines operational excellence, AutoTrader examined 20,000 dealerships on its website to discover which ones were the highest performers in terms of driving customers to their virtual experience. Using these results, AutoTrader commissioned a third party to conduct a qualitative analysis of these dealers. The analysis identified eight fundamental areas of front-end dealership operations leading to a sale.
- Van, full-size sport utility segments among top used-vehicle performers
- Entry-level luxury vehicles down more than 4 percent year-over-year
- Subcompacts approach three-year vehicle value lows
- Full-size pickup trucks continue mild downward trend through August 2014
FEATURED VIDEO TUTORIAL
Real car buyers talk to us about how they rely on salespeople during the purchase process.
Independent Dealer Uses Trade-In Tool to Increase Dealership Profits
Case studies from AutoTrader.com are designed to illustrate how various types of auto dealerships across the country are using tools and technology to transform their businesses.
Bank on It: Co-op Funds Stretch Your Ad Budget, Help Preserve Cash Flow
Use co-op funds to stretch your ad budget, help ... read more.
2014 Automotive Buyer Influence Study: Key Car Buyer Stats
Infographic with key statistics on how consumers are ... read more.
Stay In Touch
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay current with our latest events, news and resources.
Your privacy is important to us.