- Auction values finish the year strong
- Model-year 2012 subcompact, compact vehicle segments top charts for retained value
- Moderate declines found in used-luxury segment
- Mid-size vehicle values down year-over-year
- Full-size crossover/SUV values steadily decline
- Mid-size pickup truck values remain stable through the fourth quarter of 2013
- Fuel efficiency is the gift that keeps giving
- Auction values declines remain steady at 2 percent
- Auction volume continues positive growth
- Fuel prices reach yearly low
- Used luxury values soften further
- Luxury crossover/SUV values steadily decline
- Increase in Toyota, Lexus volume causing auction values to decrease
- SUV/crossover values decrease in the last four weeks
- Mid-size vehicles down year-over-year
- Auction values for full-size trucks remain stable despite increases in auction volume
- Luxury and high-performance vehicles peak in shopper interest
- Auction values begin their seasonal decline, but still performing well compared to 2012
- Nissan Leaf rebounds in the second half of the year
- Compact SUV/crossover values drop year-over-year
- Full-size car values up
- Values for full-size trucks and housing starts remain higher than previous years
- Luxury values settle into their seasonal decline
- Auction values for 1- to 3-year-old models at the end of Q3 2013 remain at a 3-year high at an average of $17,085, or $280 above the 2012 average.
- Since the start of the year, auction values have declined an average of $731 or 4.3 percent. In 2012, average auction values declined by $974 or 5.8 percent by the end of Q3 2012.
- Kelley Blue Book expects values to continue on their downward trajectory throughout the remainder of the year, while continuing to best previous year auction values.
- Used-car shopper interests shifts toward full-size cars
FEATURED VIDEO TUTORIAL
Real car buyers talk to us about how they rely on salespeople during the purchase process.
Independent Dealer Uses Trade-In Tool to Increase Dealership Profits
Case studies from AutoTrader.com are designed to illustrate how various types of auto dealerships across the country are using tools and technology to transform their businesses.
Bank on It: Co-op Funds Stretch Your Ad Budget, Help Preserve Cash Flow
Use co-op funds to stretch your ad budget, help ... read more.
2014 Automotive Buyer Influence Study: Key Car Buyer Stats
Infographic with key statistics on how consumers are ... read more.
Stay In Touch
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay current with our latest events, news and resources.
Your privacy is important to us.