Nearly a quarter of all new- and used-car buyers use multiple devices to shop. Indeed, there's a correlation between everyday device usage and shopping behavior, and it's a trend that's becoming a way of life. In fact, AutoTrader.com expects that 52% of all car shopping will be done on multiple devices within the next 5 years. This study reveals how consumers use their devices, and what you can do to ensure that you're delivering the kind of shopping experience they expect.
This white paper looks at the results of focus group research on dealerships who use Trade-In Marketplace, an AutoTrader.com valuation tool, and what these dealerships reported as potent upsides to a tool they initially secured as a means of lead generation and inventory acquisition.
- Auction values begin their seasonal decline, but still performing well compared to 2012
- Nissan Leaf rebounds in the second half of the year
- Compact SUV/crossover values drop year-over-year
- Full-size car values up
- Values for full-size trucks and housing starts remain higher than previous years
- Luxury values settle into their seasonal decline
- Auction values for 1- to 3-year-old models at the end of Q3 2013 remain at a 3-year high at an average of $17,085, or $280 above the 2012 average.
- Since the start of the year, auction values have declined an average of $731 or 4.3 percent. In 2012, average auction values declined by $974 or 5.8 percent by the end of Q3 2012.
- Kelley Blue Book expects values to continue on their downward trajectory throughout the remainder of the year, while continuing to best previous year auction values.
- Used-car shopper interests shifts toward full-size cars
The Next Generation Car Buyer reveals Millennials' relationship with automotive brands and their car-shopping process. More importantly, it provides implications for what manufacturers should be doing now to lay the foundation that will support the relationship between this important contingent of car buyers and auotmotive brands for decades to come.
FEATURED VIDEO TUTORIAL
Real car buyers talk to us about how they rely on salespeople during the purchase process.
Independent Dealer Uses Trade-In Tool to Increase Dealership Profits
Case studies from AutoTrader.com are designed to illustrate how various types of auto dealerships across the country are using tools and technology to transform their businesses.
AutoTrader.com Multi-Device Car Shopping Study: How Consumers Shop for Cars
Exclusive study reveals how consumers use multiple ... read more.
Qualities & Amenities that Enhance the Dealership Experience
Real car buyers tells us about the amenities that made ... read more.
Stay In Touch
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay current with our latest events, news and resources.
Your privacy is important to us.